Thursday, January 24, 2008

Don Fernando's Tortilla Soup

Last night we had some delicious Tortilla Soup from one of my favorite cook books from Taos. The kids loved it and there is something to be said for that!! It is super easy so here is the recipe if your interested:
*
1/2 C Green Onion, diced
2 tsp minced garlic
3 C cooked rice
1 1/2 C shredded chicken
3/4 C diced green chilis
6 C chicken broth
1 1/2 tbls lime juice (I added extra)
I also added:
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp cumin
salt and pepper
*
Saute your garlic and onion
Add the remaining and cook 10-20 minutes
Enjoy!
Garnish with dicecd tomatoes, diced avacado, cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips!
Yesterday we made it thru the whole day without watching TV!! Now that us huge at our house! So needless to say, it can be done!! Today, on the other hand, is a different story!!
Here are daddy and Parker in their do-rags!! Too cute!!




2 comments:

Tonya said...

Oh my gosh too cute! I love your blog, it makes me feel like I'm in San Diego again! Your a girl after my own heart, once your in a beautiful place that's all you can think about in the dead of winter.I'll have to try your soup, looks delicious! By the way, what's your fav coffee drink? It's supposed to be 4 degrees tonight! Aaaaaaaaa!!!

Tricia said...

Hey girl~ So fun to hear from you!!My favorite coffee drink is a White Chocolate Mocha...yummee! I have never been to Cali, but from the sounds of it I would love it!!
It's going to be 24 degrees here tonight....heat wave!! Got you beat by 20 degrees!!